Neutral Detergent: 1 tablespoon of dish soap with 1/2 cup of cold water.
Acid Solution: 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with 1/2 cup of cold water.
Alkaline Detergent: 1 tablespoon of ammonia with 1/2 cup of cold water.
Remember, these are safe methods of spot removal, but don’t guarantee removal.
If the spot is not removed, contact American Steamers Inc.
Please follow the guidelines listed below when using an ammonia based solution…
- Mix ammonia according to mixing procedures.
- Test an inconspicuous area (i.e. by the zipper on the cushions).
- Apply ammonia.
- Apply surface pressure with white cloth and observe if any colour transfer has occurred.
- If no colour transfer, it’s safe to use.
- If there is colour transfer, we would recommend an American Steamers technician inspect the stain.
- Remember, this colourfast test is recommended by American Steamers; however, American Steamers Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damages caused.
- Physically lift excess with end of butter knife and remove.
- Apply neutral detergent (dish soap).
- Repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Apply alkaline detergent (ammonia).
- Apply tamping and observe transfer to absorbent towel.
- Rinse with cool water and blot.